Who we are
Our website address is: https://cranberry.ca.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Currently, comments are not enabled. If/when this is enabled and visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
As with comments, media uploads are not currently enabled. If/when this is made possible, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If/when comments are enabled and you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Like millions of other websites, we use Google Analytics on cranberry.ca
What does Google Analytics record?
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of computer you’re using.
- And quite a bit more.
What do we do with your data?
This tracking information helps us better understand who visits our site and what they’re interested in. This allows us to create content relevant to our visitors. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting.
All this activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
Want to opt out of tracking?
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Request the removal of your data.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example — Canada Post provides shipping quotes based on your address information. We also use Google Analytics (see above).
We accept payments through Braintree (a PayPal subsidiary) and PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
The Events Calendar
Event, Venue, and Organizer Information
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organizers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
Please note that to create new events through the Community Events submission form, a user must hold a website account on this domain. This information is retained in the local database. It is also possible to create events anonymously, if the site owner has this option enabled.
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features.
These API keys may include the following third party services: Google Maps, Google Calendar, Facebook, Meetup, PayPal, and Eventbrite (API key, auth URL and Client Secret).