Closed for the Season – re-opening Dec 27, 2019 (weather permitting)
About the Trail:
Skate a 1.2 km loop around 12 acres of cranberries. With forest on one side and cranberry beds on the other, this is a one-of-a-kind experience.
Stop by the waterfalls and warm up by the fire. Head back to the winery for hot mulled wine or hot cran-apple cider.
Remember, outdoor ice is dependent on the weather, and conditions can change throughout the day.
Every Saturday night (weather permitting), we light the trail with 400 tiki torches for night skating.
Bog Hockey Acre: Skate on frozen cranberries. Includes 2 pond hockey surfaces – complete with boards and goals and a surface for learn-to-skate, strollers etc. Included with Ice Trail Pass.
Daily: 11 am to 4:00 pm
open 7 days/week (weather permitting)
Light the Night: Torchlight skating every Saturday night from 6 pm – 9 pm (weather permitting)
$12 adults ($18 combo skate/snowshoe pass)
$8 kids 12 & under ($15 combo skate/snowshoe pass)
$30 season’s pass ($50 combo skate/showshoe season’s pass)
- Skate Rentals – $10/half day (morning rental: opening – 1 pm, afternoon rental: 1:30 pm – 4 pm, Saturday evening rentals 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm )
- Skate Sharpening – $10
Things to Know:
- strollers, toboggans, snowshoes, hiking and pets are welcome at the farm – but not on the Ice Trail
- our Bog Hockey Acre is a great place for strollers, toboggans, learning to skate AND a game of shinny!
- we have a changing tent equipped with benches and cubbies
- skate rentals and skate sharpening available
- we do not supply helmets, but highly recommend CSA approved helmets
- it is an outdoor attraction, so dress for the weather
- ice surface is variable and can change with the weather
Things to Try While You’re Here:
- Bog To Bottle Discovery (guided tour & tutored wine tasting – a Canadian Signature Experience!)
- tours daily at 11, 1 & 3
- Sip Hot Mulled Wine or Hot Cran-Apple Cider
- Savour Wine & Cheese on the fireside patio or in the winery
- Chili, soup & gourmet grilled cheese available
- Shop in our locally inspired Wine and Cuisine store
- Try our Snowshoe Trails
Other Trails & Info:
- Trail is unsupervised, use at your own risk
- Ice surface is variable and subject to change. Skate cautiously
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trail is for skating only
- Walking, snowshoes, toboggans, strollers, pets and hockey not allowed
- Stay on trail (thin ice in other areas)
- No smoking on trail
- Please wear a helmet
- Please manage garbage and recycling appropriately
- We are not responsible for any injuries, damages or lost items
Partnering Accommodation Packages:
We’ve partnered with these great local accommodations to offer unique Muskoka winter experiences.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Accommodations and breakfast for 2, and experience Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh & Muskoka Lakes Winery through the Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting) for 2, 2 glasses of wine and local cheese plate.
Enjoy your stay and breakfast at Sherwood Inn and experience the Ice Trail at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh. Package includes two Ice Trail passes, Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting).