Open Dec 27 – March Break (weather permitting!)
For current visitor information (and COVID changes) click the ‘What’s On Now’ button (above)
About the Trail:
Skate a 1.2 km loop around 12 acres of cranberries. With forest on one side and cranberry beds on the other, this is a one-of-a-kind experience. Head back to the winery for hot mulled wine or hot cran-apple cider.
Remember, outdoor ice is dependent on the weather, and conditions can change throughout the day.
Every Saturday night (weather permitting), we light the trail with 400 tiki torches for Light the Night night skating.
Bog Hockey Acre: An acre of skating on frozen cranberries! Can be set up as 4 pond hockey surfaces.
Daily: 11 am to 4:00 pm
open 7 days/week (weather permitting)
Light the Night: Torchlight skating every Saturday night from 6 pm – 9 pm (weather permitting)
Things to Know:
- Rentals available
- Skate sharpening available
- strollers, toboggans, snowshoes, hiking and pets are welcome at the farm – but not on the Ice Trail
- we have a changing tent equipped with benches and cubbies
- skate rentals and skate sharpening available
- we do not supply helmets, but highly recommend CSA approved helmets
- it is an outdoor attraction, so dress for the weather
- ice surface is variable and can change with the weather
Things to Try While You’re Here:
- Guided Farm Tour
- Tutored Wine Tasting
- Sip Hot Mulled Wine or Hot Cran-Apple Cider
- Savour Wine & Cheese on the fireside patio
- Shop in our locally inspired Wine and Cuisine store
- Try our Snowshoe Trails
Click ‘What’s on Now’ (above) for current information and availability
Other Trails & Info:
- Trail is unsupervised, use at your own risk
- Ice surface is variable and subject to change. Skate cautiously
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trail is for skating only
- Walking, snowshoes, toboggans, strollers, pets and hockey not allowed
- Stay on trail
- No smoking on trail
- Please wear a helmet
- Please manage garbage and recycling appropriately
- We are not responsible for any injuries, damages or lost items
Partnering Accommodation Packages:
We’ve partnered with these great local accommodations to offer unique Muskoka winter experiences.
Experience Canada’s oldest cranberry farm with a guided tour and tutored wine tasting. Enjoy two adult passes for the Bog to Bottle Discovery Tour included with your stay!
This package includes overnight accommodations in one of our well-appointed suites, access to our onsite amenities including indoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, high-speed Wi-Fi and two adult passes for the Bog to Bottle Discovery Tour.
Enjoy your stay and breakfast at Sherwood Inn and experience the Ice Trail at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh. Package includes two Ice Trail passes, Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting).