Thanks to Deb for sending us this recipe. We really enjoyed it! Cranberries make a delicious addition to classic scones. Your guests & family will love them!
½ cup low fat or half and half cream
½ tsp vanilla
1 X-large egg, beaten
2 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 scant cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp orange zest
¾ tsp salt
½ cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
1. Beat egg and add to cream, stir in vanilla and orange juice and set aside
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and orange zest
3. With pastry blender or food processor, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs
4. Fold in dried fruit
5. Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and stir quickly but lightly. Do Not Over Mix
6. Prepare a floured surface for the dough. Roll the dough out onto the flour and sprinkle lightly with flour. Using your fingertips, flatten dough to about 1 inch thick. Fold in half three times then pat into circle that’s 3/4 inch thick.
7. Using pizza cutter, cut into 8 triangles. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes (until lightly browned) on center rack. Enjoy warm!