Jan 22, 2018 – CLOSED for 2 days With warm temps and freezing rain, we’ll close the trail and expect to re-open Wed Jan 23.
Our Snowshoe Trails remain open. Tours, wine tasting and other activities will continue as usual.
About the Trail:
Skate a 1.2 km loop around 12 acres of cranberries. With forest on one side and cranberry beds on the other, this is a one-of-a-kind experience.
Stop by the waterfalls and warm up by the fire. Head back to the winery for hot mulled cider or wine.
Weekdays: 11 am to 4 pm
Weekends: 10 am to 4 pm
open 7 days/week (weather dependent)
Light the Night: Torchlight skating every Friday night from 6 pm – 9 pm (weather permitting)
$10 per person
- Skate Rentals – $10/half day (morning rental: opening – 1 pm, afternoon rental: 1:30 pm – 4 pm)
- Skate Sharpening – $10
Things to Know:
- strollers, toboggans, snowshoes, hiking and pets are welcome at the farm – but not on the Ice Trail
- we have a changing tent equipped with benches and cubbies
- skate rentals and skate sharpening available
- we do not supply helmets, but highly recommend CSA approved helmets
- it is an outdoor attraction, so dress for the weather
- ice surface is variable
Things to Try While You’re Here:
- Bog To Bottle Discovery (guided tour & tutored wine tasting – a Canadian Signature Experience!)
- tours daily at 11, 1 & 3
- Sip Hot Mulled Cider & Wine
- Savour Wine & Cheese on the fireside patio or in the winery
- Chili, soup & gourmet grilled cheese available
- Shop in our locally inspired Wine and Cuisine store
- Try our Snowshoe Trails
Other Trails & Info:
- Trail is unsupervised, use at your own risk
- Ice surface is variable and subject to change. Skate cautiously
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trail is for skating only
- Walking, snowshoes, toboggans, strollers, pets and hockey not allowed
- Stay on trail (thin ice in other areas)
- No smoking on trail
- Please wear a helmet
- Please manage garbage and recycling appropriately
- We are not responsible for any injuries, damages or lost items
Partnering Accommodation Packages:
We’ve partnered with these great local accommodations to offer unique Muskoka winter experiences.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Accommodations and breakfast for 2, and experience Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh & Muskoka Lakes Winery through the Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting) for 2, 2 glasses of wine and local cheese plate.
Enjoy your stay and breakfast at Sherwood Inn and experience the Ice Trail at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh. Package includes two Ice Trail passes, Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting).