Friday, February 24, 2017: The ice trail is CLOSED today and based on the forecast will likely remain closed until mid-week. Snowshoe trails are open 10-4:30 pm and are in fair shape.
About the Trail:
Skate a 1.2 km loop around 12 acres of cranberries. With Boreal forest on one side and cranberry beds on the other, this is a one-of-a-kind experience.
Stop by the waterfalls and warm up by the fire. Head back to the winery for hot mulled cider or wine.
New this year:
- Skate Rentals – $10
- Skate Sharpening – $10
- Hot food: Chili and a biscuit is available for $6 and Soup and a biscuit for $5 on weekends for the remained of the ice trail season. Cheese plates are available on weekdays.
11 am – 4:00 pm, 7 days/week (weather dependent)
$5 per person
Things to Know:
- strollers, toboggans, snowshoes, hiking and pets are welcome at the farm – but not on the Ice Trail
- we have a changing tent equipped with benches and cubbies
- skate rentals and skate sharpening available
- we do not supply helmets, but highly recommend CSA approved helmets
- it is an outdoor attraction, so dress for the weather
- ice surface is variable
Other Trails & Info:
- Trail is unsupervised, use at your own risk
- Ice surface is variable and subject to change. Skate cautiously
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trail is for skating only
- Walking, snowshoes, toboggans, strollers, pets and hockey not allowed
- Stay on trail (thin ice in other areas)
- No smoking on trail
- Please wear a helmet
- Please manage garbage and recycling appropriately
- We are not responsible for any injuries, damages or lost items
Things to Try While You’re Here:
- Bog To Bottle Discovery (guided tour & tutored wine tasting – a Canadian Signature Experience!)
- tours daily at 11, 1 & 3
- Sip Hot Mulled Cider & Wine
- Savour Wine & Cheese on the fireside patio or in the winery
- Shop in our locally inspired Wine and Cuisine store
- Try our Snowshoe Trails
Partnering Accommodation Packages:
We’ve partnered with these great local accommodations to offer unique Muskoka winter experiences.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Accommodations and breakfast for 2, and experience Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh & Muskoka Lakes Winery through the Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting) for 2, 2 glasses of wine and local cheese plate.
Enjoy your stay and breakfast at Sherwood Inn and experience the Ice Trail at Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh. Package includes two Ice Trail passes, Bog to Bottle tour (guided tour and tutored wine tasting).